Monday, August 2, 2010

Missing my son... but only the cute, fun one!

This weekend Brandyn and I went out of town without Andrew for two nights. Its was fun and fabulous! But when I woke up on Sunday morning I was anxious and lonely... missing my baby!!! We took advantage of our few remaining hours of peace and quiet, packed up... and headed home. The whole way there, I was nervous with excitement to see my little guy.

But something happened when we got home... the sweet little adorable Andrew that I was missing so much in my head... was a whinny cranky mess! Perhaps he was mad at us for leaving, perhaps he's teething (although he was perfect for Grandma and Grandpa all weekend!)... who knows why.

Needless to say, THAT was not the child I was aching so much to see!!

There's definitely a difference between Motherhood (and the child of mine) who lives in my head... and then the reality!

1 comment:

CHarris said...

HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Been there, and couldn't have said it better!!