Friday, October 2, 2009

Am I talking to myself?

I joined a blog challenge. The challenge poses questions each week for you to address in your blog. Its to help inspire people to actually write in their blogs (not that I any excuses). The first question... Why do you blog?

I was first inspired to write my blog by my good friend Catriona. Catriona and Mike left the Bay Area almost four years ago to buy a house and raise their family in Florida. In order to stay in contact with their friends and family in CA, they started a blog. I love catching up with the adventures of their beautiful daughters Reilly and Brooke! Even though they live 3,000 miles away... I feel so close and connected with their daily lives.

I originally started my blog to do the same. So that family (all the way from Fresno to Ireland) and friends (from the Bay Area to Florida!) could watch my belly, our baby, and our family grow. I have LOVED knowing that you are following our adventures and I love reading your comments and advice. My blog has turned out to be a communication tool that crosses divides.

While family and friends inspired me... I was surprised to find how much *I* have benefited from my writings. Blogging... has helped me organize my thoughts... take time to consider who I am... where I am... and where I'm going. I love looking back to the beginning of my pregnancy and reading about my mind set at that time. I love looking back at when we first brought Andrew home... and how amazing those first days were.

What started out as a "letter to family and friends" has turned out to be... "a story of my life." I hope I can keep it up... for years to come!

7 comments:

the thorntons said...

A story of my life.. love that. It is fun to look way back in blogs, and see how far life has come.

Lizz said...

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who goes back to reminsisce on my blog!
Thanks for participaing!

CHarris said...

Awwww - I'm so glad I had a part. I LOVE reading your blog. I'm right there with you - I feel so connected with you guys. xoxo

KK @ Running Through Life said...

Your blog is your life! Wonderful reason to blog! And even better, think how great it will be to look back at your blog years down the road and reflect on life pre-Andrew and also baby Andrew!!!

Brakes and Gas said...

A, you always seem to articulate what I am thinking perfectly! I don't know if it is because we had babies at the same time or if you are just naturally a really relatable writer, but either way, I so appreciate your eloquence! I hope we both continue to write, "the stories of our lives," for year to come!

Anonymous said...

hehe! I want to start the story of my life. :) ~Falynn

Anonymous said...

it is so great to read your blog& to know all those miles away we are so close & always will thanks for the many hours of great reading & great picks CC XOXO