Friday, January 30, 2009

Making even more progress... assembling the nursery.

This past weekend we began organizing and assembling the nursery. Brandyn has been moving out the office furniture and moving in the baby furniture over the last couple of weeks. So on Saturday, we arranged the room and began to hang the artwork on the walls. We also added a shelf (which came from my parent house, from my childhood bedroom) to hold some of the toys, books, etc. Here are a few shots.


I love this sweet wall decal. We ordered it online from Simply Stick It Designs. Their prices were great, we were able to customize the order as we wanted, it arrived with in days, and it was very easy to put up!


The other artwork, as you may remember, are a DIY (do it yourself) project that I took on a few weeks back.


All in all, I think its coming together pretty nicely. You'll note we still don't have doors on the room... but those are one order... and we should have them in less than two weeks. And with Baby C arriving in 7 (or so) weeks... I'm glad we've gotten things pretty well finished!

9 comments:

Kelly Marie said...

was baby C's room not a bedroom? G's room was our dining room! We had to doors on that too.

SwishDesigns said...

Looks Great!

Zoe said...

I love it! Is that a Sorelle crib? Everything looks really great. Nice work!

Taking Flight said...

I love it!! Creative theme!

Shelly C. said...

TOO CUTE!!!! And the room looks a lot bigger than it did before...there's plenty of room for your little guy in there. He's going to love it!

Just think, you have about three times the room that Alex has at the moment!

janessa said...

It looks great!! Good work :)

CHarris said...

Nice job - and I love the decals! I might have to check that place out!

Anonymous said...

It's really coming together. My parents visited a couple of months before Caroline was due and put the nursery together the rest of the way one day when we were at work. They put one of my old bookshelves, dresser, and small table and chairs in the room. I nearly had a melt down because the prospect of having a child was "real" at that point.

I've been thinking of putting something up on her walls finally. I'll have to check out the decal site. That's pretty cute.

Anonymous said...

Love it! It's great that you're using Doctor Seuss stuff. Very cool.
Misha aka SFNewzGirl