Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Special Moments...

So many ups and downs of pregnancy. 40 weeks is a LONG time. Sometimes I forget to just LIVE in the moment and enjoy it for what it is. Reflecting on my current 31 weeks, here are my thoughts.

I feel so truly blessed right now to be experiencing such personal and private moments between my son and I. (Hee, hee... my son!). Recently, I turned to Brandyn and said "I'm going to the store... and I'm taking the baby with me!" LOL. Really though, it is pretty cool to spend the day carrying my baby around... feeling him move... watching my belly jump with his squirming.

He's moving around a lot these days, but differently than he was before. Before I could feel random kicks through out the day. Now... I feel movement. If I put my hand on my belly, I can almost always find his little rump (or some hard body part). Then he slowly moves across my hand - adjusting positions. I still get the occasional KICK. Like I did when I was falling asleep on BART earlier this week. He totally woke me up with his strong kick... and it was all I could do to keep my mouth shut and not cry out from being startled awake!

This morning I was talking to Baby C, as all the books encourage you to do. I'm not even sure what I was saying... something like "Are you playing around in there? I feel you kicking... can't wait to play with you out here." And then I found myself walking to the car... STILL talking out loud... about the frost on the front yard and how cold! I hope Baby C appreciates hearing my voice... 'cause I'm starting to feel like a nut!

9 comments:

janessa said...

*sniff* I miss being able to take J everywhere!

That being said, talking to your baby now will only prep you for talking to your baby when he's outside! It's strange to say "Now I'm putting the laundry detergent in the washing machine, see that?" and generally narrating your day, but she loves it! I'm sure baby C will appreciate you looking like a nut on many more occasions to come :)

Amber said...

OMG. That is sooo sweet Alison!!

And BTW....don't feel like a nut for talking out loud to your baby. Just think of all those bluetooth wearers out there. Now THEY look like they're talking to themselves!!

SwishDesigns said...

I still feel the same way --- I still narrate everything that I'm doing when I'm with Ryan.

Congrats on being so close! See you in a few weeks! ;)

CHarris said...

It really is the best - and you are smart to realize that while its happening. Enjoy EVERY minute!

Anonymous said...

And now I'm crying...

It is such a blessing and I miss it often. I'm so glad you're enjoying it!

Shelly C. said...

OMG! That's so sweet!!!!

I remember getting close to the end and thinking, pretty soon I'm going to have to share this little person. So enjoy not having to share right now.

Once he's born, he starts growing less and less dependent on you. Yes, he'll be dependent for quite a while, but right now he's totally dependent on just Mom. I always loved knowing that and truly cherished it.

And who cares if people think you're a nut? Just blame being pregnant. Trust me, it's just the start of blaming your kids for stuff! :)

Shannon said...

Super sweet!

Stephanie said...

So sweet. I can't believe you have such a short time before you get to meet your son, it will fly by.

Unknown said...

Taking the baby with me!??!? HILARIOUS!!!!