The year is flying by! Andrew is getting bigger, work is plugging away, and Brandyn is home for the summer playing house husband - yay!
Just a quick checking in on all the things I wanted to accomplish this year.
- Grow a few of vegetables/fruits/herbs in our back yard. Done. Thanks to my parents who helped us construct and above ground planter box. We had lettuce early this spring, now we have tomatoes, herbs, and a squash plant that grew on its own, out of our compost which we used to accompany the potting soil.
- Participate in the March for Babies. And I'm going to bump this year's goal up a little bit... I'm going to create a TEAM! The race is April 24, 2010. Done! Thanks to my friends - our team had 22 walkers raised $3,450. My friends and family helped me personally raise $1,145.
- My "green" efforts are to *try* and eliminate paper towels from our kitchen and instead use rags. I would also like to purchase only environmentally friendly cleaning products from Method. Done and done. The paper towel thing was much easier than I thought - although guests of our home aren't all on board.
- Date night *alone* (not with friends) with my husband once a month. I can't say "done" cause its on-going, but I'm happy to say that we're succeeding so far.
- Explore community churches to participate in. Well... I Google'd a few churches in our area, and nothing caught my attention. I need to work on this.
- Walk 30-45 min, 2-3 days a week. I'm going to start... TODAY. (Seriously).